If your every day problems are weighing you down, there are MILLIONS of people on Earth, that would GLADLY trade places with you right now – problems and all…..and feel they have been ROYALLY blessed…..think about it~
There is always someone who has it *worse* than you……
I remember once, on one of my *worst* days, after Bryan Delk was killed…..*whining* to God, about my situation…..but I had meetings to go to and work to do, I was in Panera doing some work on my laptop before my next meeting, and I ended up meeting a lady, who was a widow, her husband was also killed in a car wreck, but he had 3 of their 7 kids with him, that were also now gone…..God *put me back in my place* very quickly, of being thankful and grateful……
It is SO easy to get *overwhelmed* and let *drama* of a situation overtake us…..and I am not perfect, and I struggle with it every day, just like everyone else….but, I still *try* and *thinketh myself happy* — as the Bible says Paul did when going in front of King Agrippa to possibly get his head chopped off…..
Yes, it is hard sometimes, but sometimes, always, we *must* put forth the effort, and *maketh ourselves happy* ♥
What are you going to DECIDE on? Then COMMIT to it – then SUCCEED 🙂 Let’s Go!
1. Turn Uncertainty into Action: Don’t let uncertainty keep you from taking the first step. Go for it!
2. Focus on Your Vision: If you focus on things you can’t control you will feel stressed and overwhelmed. Focus on things you CAN control and get to work!
3. Decide And Commit: Make a decision, commit to that decision, and you will soar!
4. Resolve to Change: Resolve means it is done – it is in you and there is no longer an internal battle.
5. Give Back: The secret to truly living is giving. We are here for more than just ourselves.
60 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE ROCK!
1. PRAY TOGETHER ALWAYS
2. READ THE SCRIPTURES TOGETHER ALWAYS
3. Go on regular date nights
4. Hide notes in secret places
5. Go to bed at the same time
6. Listen to music together-share ear-buds
7. Buy him gifts he will love
8. Revitalize the romance with intimate dates
9. Wear shirts that tell the world you love your spouse
10. Praise your spouse to other people
11. Read a marriage devotional
12. Sleep in his t-shirts
13. Renew your vows privately with whispers and memories
14. Renew them publicly with cake and bubbly
15. Go away together at least once a year
16. Hang pictures of the two of you around your house
17. Make his favorite dessert
18. Make sex a priority
19. Spend time apart occasionally
20. Learn to enjoy something he loves
21. Surprise each other
22. Meet him at the door
23. Text each other from across the room
24. Set reminders on your phone to remember him/her throughout the week
25. Call him right now and tell him you appreciate himFor Men Only
26. Leave work on time and come home early
27. Engage every day in meaningful conversation
28. Compliment each other
29. Take one day a month to make your spouse your total focus
30. Argue fair: avoid these words “you always” and “you never”
31. Kiss every day
32. Find tangible ways to serve your mate without complaining
33. Forgive quickly
34. Be honest.
35. Get on the same page: plan your budget together
36. Look your best as often as you can
37. Guard your marriage
38. Laugh together
39. When you are together-BE TOGETHER (take a break from phones, technology, etc)
40. Tell her she’s pretty, especially when she’s not feeling it
41. Make each other breakfast in bed
42. Do her chores for her
44. Get a couple’s massage or host your own privately
44. Dance together-soft music (both of you alone) or rocking music with the kids
45. Exercise together- hikes, bike riding, etc
46. Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior/disappointment from your spouse
47. Thank your spouse often even for the least reason or gesture
48. Lay in bed together and stare into each other eyes, without talking
49. Learn something new together-take an art class, cooking lessons, etc
50. Leave a sweet comment on the Facebook wall
51. Support each other’s goals
52. Bring her flowers/gifts (even when she says they are too expensive)
53. Wear something your spouse loves
54. Share furniture-sit in his lap
55. Fight for your marriage
56. Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week.
57. Never let your spouse feel like they come second place to your career or any other thing.
58. Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big together!
59. Maintain a united front as your motto: Meaning- “Me and you against the world.
60. Speak well of your spouse.
Remember your Spouse Rocks- Even when they don’t at the moment!
Be THANKFUL and GRATEFUL for EVERY.LITTLE.THING…….
As you do, then you will start having bigger and better things, to be thankful and grateful for……
Everyone, no matter what, can find SOMETHING to be grateful for…..
I started my Gratitude Journal in Jan 2009……My rule for myself, is before I go to sleep, I MUST WRITE DOWN 5 specific things, I am thankful and grateful for that day before closing my eyes….
Just like anyone, some days, it is harder to think of 5 things…..
But….I have noticed, over the years of doing this, and comparing it to the days/weeks/months before I got consistent with it, I notice a difference…..
Now….I will not lay my head on that pillow, no matter how tired I am, without saying my prayers of thanksgiving and writing them down……It works! I challenge you to try it
If you TRULY BELIEVE it will help you and others, why don’t you SHARE it with everyone you know and love?
Or are you going to simply SHARE it with others, let them decide (not sell), and you will see the MORE you SHARE IT, the more others will say YES (and some no’s) and the more $$$$$ you will make, and the more HAPPINESS you can spread!!!!
What are your REAL LIFE DREAMS? If you had, let’s say $200,000 EVERY SINGLE MONTH coming in…..what would you do with it? Make a list of the things, in DETAIL what you would do with that money – and the money RE-comes back in EVERY month, so the 1st of every month – make that list again, what you are going to spend it on……
Yes at the beginning many people would upgrade their house, their cars, their clothes….but that is *really good money*!!! and it keeps coming back! What else would you do? WHO would you help? People, charities, etc….What kind of AMAZING things could you do for others and accomplish – if you had some help money wise? Think of those things, write it out IN DETAILS, DREAM on PAPER……(just for your eyes, no one else, unless you choose to share it) but WRITE IT DOWN, IN DETAILS, DREAM on that PAPER……and you will find…..if you do it, like I said and then you go to work and share it…….it WILL come TRUE…..
I want to see you, and stand by your side, and cheer you on – of all your hopes and dreams!!!! Many of you I know personally, and you have told me some of your true hearts desires……Let’s get out there and DO IT!!!! It won’t happen as we *sit on the sidelines* and your life is not going backwards, one day we don’t want to say “I wish I……..” — LET’s MAKE THAT DIFFERENCE FOR GOOD IN THE WORLD!!!!
I CHOOSE to be happy!
I CHOOSE to LOVE my LIFE!
I CHOOSE to be thankful and grateful for ALL the BLESSINGS God has given to me!
When Paul was talking to King Agrippa, he said:
“I think myself happy” Acts 26:2
Some people make a different *choice*…
They choose to…
whine, complain, worry, be depressed, think about what they are missing, focus on who has done them wrong, be a victim of circumstance.
Every single day you DO have a CHOICE.
You can CHOOSE how you feel about a certain person or situation.
You can CHOOSE how you react to things that happen to you.
(because everyone has things happen, right? It is just our choice in our response.)
You can CHOOSE how to feel (angry or happy)
You can CHOOSE what to think about.
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Everyone has trials in life – you can CHOOSE to let them DEFEAT you or DEFINE you.
No matter what you are going through right now, there is somebody that is going through the same or worse than you. There is always something you can CHOOSE to be grateful or thankful for – think on these things.
Put your faith in God, and trust in Him, even though we not might *like* what He *allows* us to go thru at times, if we trust in Him, we are better.
“whoso trusteth in the LORD, happy is he” — Prov 16:20