60 WAYS TO MAKE YOUR MARRIAGE ROCK!
1. PRAY TOGETHER ALWAYS
2. READ THE SCRIPTURES TOGETHER ALWAYS
3. Go on regular date nights
4. Hide notes in secret places
5. Go to bed at the same time
6. Listen to music together-share ear-buds
7. Buy him gifts he will love
8. Revitalize the romance with intimate dates
9. Wear shirts that tell the world you love your spouse
10. Praise your spouse to other people
11. Read a marriage devotional
12. Sleep in his t-shirts
13. Renew your vows privately with whispers and memories
14. Renew them publicly with cake and bubbly
15. Go away together at least once a year
16. Hang pictures of the two of you around your house
17. Make his favorite dessert
18. Make sex a priority
19. Spend time apart occasionally
20. Learn to enjoy something he loves
21. Surprise each other
22. Meet him at the door
23. Text each other from across the room
24. Set reminders on your phone to remember him/her throughout the week
25. Call him right now and tell him you appreciate himFor Men Only
26. Leave work on time and come home early
27. Engage every day in meaningful conversation
28. Compliment each other
29. Take one day a month to make your spouse your total focus
30. Argue fair: avoid these words “you always” and “you never”
31. Kiss every day
32. Find tangible ways to serve your mate without complaining
33. Forgive quickly
34. Be honest.
35. Get on the same page: plan your budget together
36. Look your best as often as you can
37. Guard your marriage
38. Laugh together
39. When you are together-BE TOGETHER (take a break from phones, technology, etc)
40. Tell her she’s pretty, especially when she’s not feeling it
41. Make each other breakfast in bed
42. Do her chores for her
44. Get a couple’s massage or host your own privately
44. Dance together-soft music (both of you alone) or rocking music with the kids
45. Exercise together- hikes, bike riding, etc
46. Choose not to be annoyed by an irritating behavior/disappointment from your spouse
47. Thank your spouse often even for the least reason or gesture
48. Lay in bed together and stare into each other eyes, without talking
49. Learn something new together-take an art class, cooking lessons, etc
50. Leave a sweet comment on the Facebook wall
51. Support each other’s goals
52. Bring her flowers/gifts (even when she says they are too expensive)
53. Wear something your spouse loves
54. Share furniture-sit in his lap
55. Fight for your marriage
56. Make a point to eat dinner together most days of the week.
57. Never let your spouse feel like they come second place to your career or any other thing.
58. Talk about your dreams and aspirations. Be supportive of each other and dream big together!
59. Maintain a united front as your motto: Meaning- “Me and you against the world.
60. Speak well of your spouse.
Remember your Spouse Rocks- Even when they don’t at the moment!
It takes all kinds
Here’s a challenge for you: If you had to describe your mother (or any mother in your life) in one word, what would it be?
This challenge raises the question of how a woman with so many facets to her life can be described in one word.
Maybe the mom in your life works a forty (or fifty or sixty) hour week but still manages to be there for her family.
Maybe the mom in your life works at home and takes pride in creating a welcoming environment for family and friends.
Maybe the mom in your life just went back to school to follow a lifelong dream.
Maybe the mom in your life has a brand new baby and is experiencing the thrill of motherhood for the first time while learning to survive on very little sleep.
Maybe the mom in your life is gallantly fighting a disease like cancer.
Maybe the mom in your life is the one everyone turns to for comfort or advice.
Maybe the mom in your life is determined to make not only the lives of her family better but the lives of others better too.
Maybe the mom in your life bakes the best chocolate chip cookies ever!
Maybe the mom in your life is always ready for a new adventure.
Maybe the mom in your life wakes instantly at the first whimper from a child having a bad dream.
One thing is certain: Every mom in your life is a combination of characteristics, a special formula that makes her the wonderfully unique woman she is. It takes all kinds to make the world go round. This statement is never more true than when it comes to mothers. However, there is one word that can describe them all. It’s AMAZING!