- Everyone experiences burnout in one way or another. Especially since COVID started and now we’re almost into the holiday season. Most importantly, it’s crucial to be able to recognize and determine when and how you are experiencing burnout! Here are a few types of burnout and ways you can avoid experiencing it and how to overcome it if you do:
- Overload: Setting and sticking with daily goals will help you feel achievement each day. Achieving daily goals will give you time to enjoy hobbies and give you that much-needed me time that is hard to find time for if you feel overworked and unorganized in your daily tasks.
- Neglect: Lack of motivation! Negligence can be debilitating when it comes to work or other responsibilities. Find ways to celebrate your small achievements. Feeling proud of what you accomplish has a vast impact on your daily grind and work experience.
- Under-challenged: Boredom sets in! Find a way to make your work fun by creating challenges. Being successful at challenges will fuel your passion and enjoyment for work and build the confidence and momentum you need to take you out of burnout funk.
- Follow your intuitions and promptings
- Find a way to serve others daily
- Celebrate daily accomplishments
- Make time for yourself
- Change a bad attitude
- Learn to say “no” when needed
- Understand your priorities